Thursday, March 18, 2010

This is what homeschooling looked like today: unkempt but productive. I asked the kids if they wanted to draw while I read to them Chapter 15 of Genesis. The drawing turned into painting and stamping. So I read to them and asked them questions along the way. Today we read about God establishing his covenant with Abram and then changing his name to Abraham. When I asked them what Abram's new name was Mara exclaimed, "Hamabram!" In this chapter God also tells 99-year-old Abraham that he would have a child in a year and naturally Abraham laughs. When I told the kids that that was like Great Grandma and Grandpa Eikum having a baby they laughed.


Gabe and I did addition flashcards, Spelling, Phonics, 2 Math worksheets, Language Lessons, and Writing. I am really enjoying our writing book by Susan Wise Bauer. She uses excerpts of classical literature for copy work and narration exercises. At night Aaron is reading "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" by C.S. Lewis to Eve and Gabe. I think he and I enjoy it sometimes more than the kids.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment